Oct 26Mercy Magnuson Place | Awards and Thanks
2020 has been a big year for our NE Seattle development, Mercy Magnuson Place! This Mercy Housing Northwest family housing development has earned a number of awards thanks to residents, staff, volunteers, and partners:
- 2020 Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Historic Preservation Award
- Affordable Housing Finance 2020 Readers Choice Best Historic Rehabilitation Award
- 2020 State Historic Preservation Valerie Sivinsky Historic Rehabilitation Award Winner
- Historic Seattle 2020 Best Preservation Project award
We also want to emphasize that the best aspect of Mercy Magnuson Place is the sense of community that has been created with 148 affordable apartment homes that offer:
- Child care onsite (in partnership with Denise Louie Education Center)
- Healthcare onsite (in partnership with Neighborcare Health)
- Food Pantry – open to the public (in partnership with the University District Food Bank, YMCA, and Solid Ground)
Mercy Magnuson Place is located on the Magnuson Park Campus in the NE Seattle neighborhood, where resident families have access to greenspace, recreation facilities, and it’s surrounded by more than 40 nonprofits and community organizations on the campus. There’s a total of 16 community partnerships at Mercy Magnuson Place!
Want to hear more inspirational updates like this about affordable housing in the Northwest? Follow #MercyHousingNorthwest on social media.
We Can’t Thank All Our Community Partners Enough!
- Seattle Tennis and Education Foundation
- Seattle Public Schools
- Seattle Public Libraries
- Seattle Parks and Rec
- Solid Ground
- UW Dream Project
- University District Food Bank
- University District YMCA
- Neighborcare Health
- Denise Louise Education Center
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Seattle U
- UW Bothell
No related posts.
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.