Feb 01Letter from President – Winter 2022
Welcome to 2022!
Following many challenging months, one thing has remained constant – people’s resiliency to move forward, adapt, and be there for one another. Thank you for helping make 2021 a success. We could not have gotten through the year without the support and dedication of people like you.
Here are just a few of the accomplishments that you helped to create:
- Opened eight new communities, providing homes to over 800 households.
- Hosted over 80 onsite COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
- Reached over 2,400 youth during out of school time delivering activity bags, online tutoring, and other impactful support.
- Connected over 300 households to internet access for transition to virtual work/learning.
- Donors gave $1.4 million for rent relief in 2021, while staff helped residents access over $4.8 million in state and local emergency rental assistance.
Mercy Housing is committed to keeping residents in their homes during the pandemic. We are excited to build on our success and all that we learned through the tough days of 2021 to make 2022 a year filled with hope. For the past 40 years, Mercy Housing has led the way in building and providing stable, affordable homes with access to opportunities for people with low incomes. The foundation of our work is built around our core values: respect, justice, and mercy. Just imagine what we can do in the next 40 years with your support.
I invite you to celebrate 40 years with us throughout the year and be sure to join us on September 22nd at our 40th Anniversary Gala.
Live in hope,
President & CEO
You may also like:
- Rent Relief Retrospective: Keeping People Housed, During the Pandemic and Beyond Pictured Above: These members of Mercy Housing California’s rent relief team stepped up to keep...
- Letter from Real Estate Director Ramie Dare I clearly remember standing in our office kitchen in 2008 and learning that the City...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.