Feb 12New Homes for Californians in 2023
Mercy Housing California is proud to play an active role in addressing our state’s shortage of affordable housing. Check out the new communities we started and finished in 2023, bringing new, service-enriched homes to these great neighborhoods around the state:
WHERE WE BROKE GROUND IN 2023
We started construction on six new affordable communities throughout the Bay Area:
- Sunnydale 3A and Sunnydale 3B, 170 homes for families and individuals in San Francisco’s Sunnydale neighborhood, including one-for-one replacement homes for residents relocating from older public housing.
- 231 Grant, 110 homes for teachers, school district staff, and their families in Palo Alto
- 11 Innes Court, 73 homes for families, part of Hunters Point Shipyard Phase 1 Redevelopment Project Area in San Francisco
- The Kelsey Civic Center, 112 homes for individuals and families, 25% of which will be designated for people with disabilities, in San Francisco
- Middlefield Junction, 179 homes for families plus a childcare center in Redwood City
WHERE RESIDENTS UNLOCKED DOORS TO NEW HOMES
We completed four affordable communities in Southern California and the Greater Sacramento Area:
- Heritage Gardens, 68 homes for seniors and senior veterans, Long Beach
- Burbank Boulevard, 55 homes for seniors exiting homelessness, Los Angeles
- Sixth Street Place, 94 homes for people of all ages exiting homelessness, Los Angeles
- The St. Clare at Capitol Park, 134 homes for people of all ages exiting homelessness, Sacramento
You may also like:
- Celebrating a New Chapter at the Dedication of 290 Malosi The changes that have been planned at Sunnydale for over a decade are fully in...
- San Francisco’s First Disability-Forward Housing Community Breaks Ground at Civic Center Media contact: Rosalyn Sternberg, regional communications manager, Rosalyn.Sternberg@mercyhousing.org Media contact: Annie Lascoe, director of development...
- Richmond Mayor, Partners, and Residents Celebrate a Fresh Start for Hacienda Heights Senior Community Nonprofit affordable housing organizations Community Housing Development Corporation (CHDC) and Mercy Housing...
- Breaking Ground on Homes for Educators in Palo Alto Leaders from Santa Clara County, the City of Palo Alto, and co-developers Abode Communities and...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.