Derek Silva Community
San Francisco, CA
20 Franklin Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102
Phone: (415) 553-8024
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About Derek Silva Community
The Derek Silva Community provides 68 apartments of affordable housing for people living with HIV/AIDS and is the largest residential AIDS housing facility in San Francisco. Mercy Housing acquired they property in 2001 to preserve the property as affordable housing. In 2004, Mercy Housing completed a $7 million renovation of this early 1900’s apartment building with approximately 6,500 square feet of available retail space to serve the community. Catholic Charities CYO has been the onsite service provider since 1992 and continues to provide much-needed services to the residents.
Amenities and Services
- Individual and group counseling
- Community building and tenant organizing
- Case management
- Provision of referrals and follow-up to outside services
- Benefits Counseling
- Client advocacy
- Vocational and employment services
- Substance abuse
- Psychiatric programs
- Meal programs
- 68 apartments of affordable housing for people with special needs.
- Acquisition & Renovation Financing: San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, Citi, Federal Home Loan Bank AHP, Bank of America, Alliant Capital, California Department of Housing and Community Development and San Francisco Housing Authority
- The renovations were designed by K2A Architecture & Interiors and completed by Swinerton Builders.
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.