c/o 130 North Parkside
Chicago, IL, 60644
Phone: (773) 473-4335
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
About Whitmore Apartments
The Whitmore Apartments were originally built in the 1920s and were acquired by Mercy Housing in 2003. The property features two buildings with 54 apartments for low-income families and individuals. There are 22 one-bedrooms, 23 two-bedrooms and nine three-bedroom apartments available. The property features resident services for families including after-school programs, employment training and parental education. Whitmore Apartments is conveniently located near public transportation with a variety of neighborhood services and amenities.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Computer lab
- On-site laundry facilities
- Case management & referral services
- Employment training & education
- After-school homework help & academic support
- Cultural enrichment programs & activities
- Parental education program
- Community garden space with youth urban gardening program
- 54 units of affordable housing for low-income families
- 22 one-bedroom, 23 two-bedroom and nine three-bedroom apartments
- Acquired in 2003
- Funded by: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.